3500 Lighthouse Blvd., Lusby 20657
Cove Point Lighthouse is owned and operated by the Calvert Marine Museum
Tour history at the oldest continuously working lighthouse in Maryland. Built in 1828 by John Donahoo, the 40-foot brick tower is surmounted by an iron lantern containing a lens manufactured in Paris in 1897. Buildings at the Cove Point station include a 1901 fog signal building, a brick generator/fog signal building, green keeper’s home and a two-bedroom cottage. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Limited access for wheelchairs.
Three-, four- or seven-night rentals available in this beautifully renovated private bayfront site. Custom kitchens and all the conveniences of home. Wi-Fi included. Also available as a wedding/event site.