38370 Point Breeze Road, Colton’s Point, MD 20626
Visit the site of Maryland’s birthplace. In 1634, English settlers landed here to establish a colony of religious freedom. Enjoy a hike around the 40 acre island, a relaxing picnic at the pavilion, and scenic views of the Potomac River. The Island also features the newly reconstructed Blackistone Lighthouse. Educational panels provide island history. St. Clements Island Museum is located nearby on the main shore. Pier and docking facilities are available. A seasonal water taxi to the island runs on select weekends from the museum.