21370 Newtowne Neck Road, Leonardtown, MD 20650
Phone: 301-475-9885 • http://www.stfrancisxavierchurch.org/
Built in 1731, St. Francis Xavier Church replaced the original Newtown Chapel (1662). Unusual features include the barrel vault ceiling and two octagonal-shaped brick ends. Also on site is Newtowne Manor (1789) whose Flemish bond brickwork indicates its early construction. The church and manor, and the 700-acre farm that surrounds it, is an example of a self-contained Jesuit community. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places.