is noted for its lovely grounds including numerous large oak trees, several of which are thought to predate the first church building.
The Episcopal parish served by St. George’s Church
was established in 1638. It became part of the William and Mary Parish in 1692 after Lord Baltimore lost control of the Maryland Colony following the 1689 Protestant Revolution.
19167 Poplar Hill Lane, Valley Lee, MD, 20692
Phone: 301-994-0585 • http://www.stgeorgesvalleylee.org/
The first wooden church was built here between 1638 and 1642. The current church built in 1799, is home to the oldest Episcopal Parish in Maryland and has held continuous services on site since 1638. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places.