44078 St. Andrews Church Road, California, MD 20619
Phone: 301-862-2247 • http://www.standrewsleonardtown.org/
Built in 1767, the church was designed by William Boulton who crafted the woodwork at nearby Sotterley Plantation. It is an outstanding example of colonial architecture. The church’s brick exterior has an unusual inset portico, a large Palladian window, and two towers. The interior features balconies, and original box pews. A hand-lettered altarpiece, or reredos, was painted in 1771, and is one of three surviving in the country. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places.